Re: [orion-dev] application client vs toolkit frameworks?

On 3/10/2011 6:31 PM, Susan Franklin McCourt wrote:

The editor guys can explain the original intent behind "toolkit framework," but I think about some heavy duty text framework that perhaps presents a higher level API to clients but needs to know more detail about the implementation.

I read this as saying "if you want to know when the editor makes a change, hook an onModelChanged listener on the editor rather than knowing about the editor model and using it directly."

Is it really onModelChanged or "ModelChanged" ?

Ideally if you are just trying to embed the editor and respond to changes, you can get by with using only public editor "application" API. If you can't get by, then we would want to know and would look at expanding the API.

Just to give you a perspective, it's not like this out here. I see a dojo application and a lot of script files under a directory with a lot more dots than I'm used to ;-).   So it's more like "Oh, that function looks promising! I wonder how to find the object it runs on?" and "I'll use the public editor API".  But I'm finding interesting functions so no worries.

jjb

susan

Inactive hide details for John J Barton ---03/10/2011
          05:09:51 PM---editor/web/js/model.js onChange says: This
          notification is John J Barton ---03/10/2011 05:09:51 PM---editor/web/js/model.js onChange says: This notification is intended to be used only by the editor. A