Re: [orion-dev] [orion-build] Orion Build : N20110308-2000

This N-build appears quite broken to me. Buttons aren't appearing in the main toolbar so I can't even create a project. However I have been sniff testing the latest code in head and it looks in better shape. Hopefully tomorrow morning's build will give us a good candidate for testing tomorrow. There have been a lot of changes this week, so it's important for everyone to do as much testing as possible tomorrow. Here are some things to try out when testing:

- Use a different browser from what you normally use

- Try out the new copy/move support for both folders and files.

- Keep an eye out for layout glitches/issues, especially in the top banner which has recently been changed

- Try the new server setting that causes all projects to have anonymous read access (useful for self hosting):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide#Enabling_anonymous_read_access

- Try the new server setting that causes a git repository to be created automatically for each user (for show-casing git support on orion.eclipse.org):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide#Automatic_git_projects

- With the above setting is enabled, it is easy to try out the various git workflows from the git-status.html page. Git add/reset/commit/status/diff should all be working.

- Play around with adding/removing/changing favourites, since this is implemented on preferences which has changed significantly this week. For example try creating favourites on one browser and then using them on another, etc. Try clearing your browser caches/storage in various ways and ensure favourites aren't lost.

- Try forcing a login in unusual places. For example stop/restart the server or clear the session cookie to force login on various pages.

- Try creating sites, launching, starting/stopping sites, etc.

John

e4Build@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/08/2011 08:09 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] [orion-build] Orion Build : N20110308-2000

Check here for the build results: N20110308-2000
Test Results
Status
Test
100.00%