Re: [orion-dev] How to resolve org.eclipse bundle dependencies to compile Orion source code

I believe we moved up to a new version of JGit and EGit after Orion M5. You can try using a more recent Orion I-build as your target (such as yesterday's build). Or, get egit/jgit from source if you like:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Obtaining_Sources

John

Nayna Jain <jainnayna@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/09/2011 02:13 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] How to resolve org.eclipse bundle dependencies to compile Orion source code

Hi everybody,

I have all the orion bundles in my Eclipse workspace linked to Git repo and not copied to workspace.

And I have made Orion M5 as the Target Platform,

Now, when I try to compile I get the compile errors for

org.eclipse.orion.server.filesystem.git (Missing plugins : org.eclipse.jgit 0.11.0 )
org.eclipse.orion.server.filesystem.git.ui (Missing plugins : org.eclipse.ui, org.eclipse.ui.ide)
org.eclipse.orion.server.launching (Missing plugins : org.eclipse.debug.core, org.eclipse.debug.core.model)
org.eclipse.orion.server.sshconfig.home (Missing plugins : org.eclipse.jgit)
org.eclipse.orion.server.sshconfig.securestorage (Missing plugins : org.eclipse.jgit)
org.eclipse.orion.server.tests (Missing plugins : org.junit, org.mozilla._javascript_, org.eclipse.test.performance, org.eclipse.core.tests.harness)
org.eclipse.orion.server.tests.filesystem (Missing plugins : org.junit, org.mozilla._javascript_, org.eclipse.test.performance, org.eclipse.core.tests.harness)

And because of this I am not able to launch the server.

I am not sure if I am missing something in my settings.

Last time I had resolved many issues by downloading them separately in the workspace from respective repositories. However, not sure if this is what to be done or I am missing something as it is happening everytime.

Also, I see that in the downloaded Orion, these plugins are not there in the plugins directory. I am looking at Orion M5 and have added that as the Target Platform.

Thanks & Regards,
            - Nayna Jain

--
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. -- The Princess Diaries