Re: [orbit-dev] Impact for Orbit of recent PDE and Tycho extensions to consume Maven libs directly?

Lars,

With EMO's recent email (1) in mind I have proposal.

What if the new capabilities of PDE/Tycho can be added to accelerate the process of updating/generating Orbit bundles?

Orbit is useful as an infrastructure providing p2 repositories with signed and verified artifacts to projects  and the SimRel (including EPP). Instead of heaving every project pulling and signing artifacts themselves this should still happen in Orbit.

EBR replaced the old way of manually unzipping jars and hand writing manifest. Where it falls short is that it (although with tooling) still requires quite a bit of files to be created in Git for generating those bundles. Perhaps the new functionality in Tycho can be used to create those artifacts instead of EBR?

(1): https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg18148.html

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/