Re: [orbit-dev] creating new recipe fails with error "version can neither be null, empty nor blank"

Yah you're right. Is it possibly the missing minor version? I think I ran into a similar issue in the past, but can't remember in detail.

Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Fr., 17. Jan. 2020, 09:43:
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 8:06 AM Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2020, at 05:41, Dirk Fauth <dirk.fauth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> You have not specified a version in your pom.xml. You only specified the artifactid.

Are you referring to this pom:

> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>   xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.eclipse.orbit.bundles</groupId>
>     <artifactId>junit-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>   </parent>
>   <artifactId>junit4</artifactId>
>   <packaging>pom</packaging>
>   <name>Eclipse Orbit :: JUnit 4 Recipes</name>
>   <modules>
> <!--    <module>org.junit_4.13.0</module> -->
>   </modules>
> </project>

That should be ok. Maven inherits the version from the parent. There maybe a bug in the EBR plug-in somewhere.

yes, Maven inherits version from parent if not defined explicitly.
I pushed my work in progress here

@Matthias can you run with debugging/stacktraces enabled?

 I ran

junit4 (master *)]$ mvn ebr:create-recipe -DgroupId=junit -DartifactId=junit -Dversion=4.13 -DbundleSymbolicName=org.junit -X -e > mvn.log

and attached the log