[orbit-dev] Adding an existing bundle from Maven to Orbit

Hi,

while playing around with adding GlazedLists 1.11.0 to Orbit I realized the fact that the GlazedLists jar is already a valid bundle with OSGi metadata generated by the bnd plugin. So the wrapping that happens by EBR is actually not necessary.

I remembered that in the past I was able to create an update site with bundles from Maven WITHOUT additional wrapping. I have attached a small example to show this. Basically it uses pomDependencies==consider and the bundle is added to the category.xml manually.

Would that be a possible solution? Actually I can't test an integration as I would need to setup a Linux environment, as the build fails on Windows. But maybe someone could support here?

Greez,
Dirk