Re: [orbit-dev] Adding GlazedLists 1.11.0

On Thu, 2019-09-12 at 11:18 +0200, Dirk Fauth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Now I have another problem. While trying to add the recipe I faced several issues that I was able to solve myself. But now I am stuck on verifying everything by building locally. When trying to build the aggregationfeature I get an error that the dependency to the package jnr.x86asm cannot be satisfied.
>
> I have no idea what to do now. In the local maven repository it is available, but not as a p2 bundle probably. The error comes on resolving org.eclipse.equnix.p2.iu, which depends on com.github.jnr.ffi, which requires jnr.x86asm
>
> Any idea or hint how this can be solved?

I don't think the failure is related to your bundle but it does seem
like a bug, though I'm not able to reproduce, and the builds, which run
from scratch also seem fine.

I would try building with all the installed content from orbit-recipes
removed from your local repository (it gets installed to
${localRepo}/org/eclipse/orbit/ ) and then run :

mvn clean install
mvn clean install -f releng/aggregationfeature/pom.xml

Our gerrit verification builds also test exactly that so if you did
push your change as is, we might see if it also fails there.

Your issue is interesting because jnr.x86asm is one of the bundles from
the JNR stack that was not migrated over to orbit-recipes since a newer
version was never released (1.0.2 from 2012 is latest) . It should
still be resolvable though as we include the old CVS-style repository
in the target platform.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg