[orbit-dev] ASM 6.0_BETA and Oxygen.1

Hello all,

Correct me if my knowledge is outdated, one of the goals for Oxygen.1 - is support for Java 9. And so there was some demand on ASM library with support of Java 9 [1]. While some workarounds were suggested [1], maybe demand is still there? ASM 6.0_BETA has been released, and finally arrived into Maven Central repository [2]. I suppose there won't be any changes in classfile format as JDK reached ramp down phase, so this version won't become broken/obsolete as it was the case with alpha version. While there were some difficulties with repackaging of it for Orbit, seems that I managed to quickly overcome them.

So question is - is there demand in it for Oxygen.1? Or it is simply too late [3] and better to not rush and instead deliver into Oxygen.2? And I apologize for raising this question so late - still a newbie in processes/time-boxes here and it was a vacation time and then time to catch-up on everything.

Regards,
Evgeny

Back to the top