Re: [orbit-dev] S20170120205402 is gone and Platform-Neon-Maint can not be built anymore

On Mon, 2017-08-14 at 10:08 +0200, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Starting with this weekend our internal Platform-Neon-3+ builds are
> failing because there S20170120205402 is referenced, I guess it should
> reference "R20170307180635".
>
> I don't think Orbit is to blame here because how can it be that
> Platform-Release-Builds depend on NONE-Release builds from other
> projects, i noticed this in other parts of the platform build as well
> (eg referenceing CBI-SNAPSHOTS), so it looks like a common theme.
>
> I don't think this is how a stable build story should be configured and
> run. If things fall apart within 1+ year how an this build story be used
> for something like LTS?

Yes, last week, in preparation for Photon M1, I "removed" nearly all
the Oxygen milestone builds (S-builds). I can have them (all or M5)
restored as a temporary measure (they're still around) but all builds
needing content from Oxygen should be referring to the released build
for Oxygen.

If I remember correctly there may have intent to consume content from
Oxygen, that either wasn't backported to Neon.3, or that had issues in
the Neon.3 build, so an Oxygen milestone (M5) was used at that time.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top