Re: [orbit-dev] ebr-maven-plugin: How to handle odd licenses? (Invalid license 'Custom license based on Apache 1.1')

> On 8. Aug 2017, at 10:04, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you tell me a bit more how <localLicenseFiles> is supposed to be
> used? I had a brief look at the EclipseIpInfoMojo code [1], but couldn't
> figure it out. :-(

Sight. I was hoping that the example in the class JavaDoc would be enough. :)

Anyway, I took the opportunity and documented an example as integration test for future use:
https://github.com/eclipse/ebr/pull/20

>> [WARNING] Found existing about.html file at ... Please set the force property to true in order to update/override it (eg. '-Dforce=true' via command line).
>
> Likewise for the ip_log.xml. This seems to suggest that these files are
> supposed to be generated *during* the build rather than checked into
> Git. Is this correct? But settings -Dforce=true doesn't do anything
> (like downloading a license file).

They are initially generated during create. Setting force triggers "overriding" of those files during build with updated information. Sometimes this is not wanted. I can't remember the default for Orbit, though.

However, I noticed that a force will override the reference attribute of the license with the "good" one based on the hard-coded KnownLicenses values. Thus, I added a note to the new custom license.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/