Re: [orbit-dev] ebr-maven-plugin: How to handle odd licenses? (Invalid license 'Custom license based on Apache 1.1')

> On 7. Aug 2017, at 13:38, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The ATO CQ [2] calls the license a "Custom license based on Apache 1.1",
> but that's not something the ebr-maven-plugin recognizes. How are such
> exceptions supposed to be handled?

The list was originally inherited from IPzilla based on the possible values when submitting a CQ. It seams that "Custom license based on Apache 1.1" was added to the list at some point. Thus, one valid approach would be to add "Custom license based on Apache 1.1" the the list of the EBR plug-in.

https://github.com/eclipse/ebr/blob/master/releng/maven-plugins/ebr-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/ebr/maven/eclipseip/KnownLicenses.java

> On a related note, the plugin also requires a <reference>, i.e., an URI
> at which the license can be found. As dom4j.org doesn't list the
> license, the best I can think of is
>

> <https://github.com/dom4j/dom4j/blob/477a4fbe006e0a637eba803bee7e6cdcc46e81db/LICENSE>

Ultimately, the IP team should make the final call. I think such a link is fine. It's also possible to configure a 'localLicenseFiles' mapping in the IP log mojo so that no attempt is made to download a license file.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/