[orbit-dev] Preparing for Oxygen M7 (End Of Week)

Hello all,

At the end of this week (Friday) I'll be promoting our build as Oxygen M7.
As has been mentioned in the past, because the Orbit project is depended
upon by other +0 projects, it makes sense for us to declare our
contributions a week beforehand to fall in line with the release train.

So if there's any changes wanted in Oxygen M7, there will be until the end
of the week to do them. Otherwise the next opportunity will be RC1.

>From the release of M7 onward though, the expectation is that most changes
are merely fixing bugs in existing bundles, and not introducing newer
bundles unless a good reason can be given, or if there is no impact to
other consumers.

Fore more information on the Oxygen release schedule, have a look at
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oxygen/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedule .

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg