Re: [orbit-dev] Drop R20170303204511 the R-build for Neon.3?

On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 16:44 +0100, Andreas Sewe wrote:
> Isn't this a bit late. I am just building Code Recommenders final
> (RC4)
> contribution for Neon.3 (against the Neon R-build) and other projects
> at
> an earlier offset (Code Recommenders is at +3) are probably already
> "in".
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andreas

(Forgot reply-to-all, sorry for the double message Andreas)

For projects that don't need any of the new bundles from orbit-recipes
(currently only available through the Oxygen milestones) then they
don't need to switch at all. If they are using the Oxygen milestone
builds, then they could continue using them. The issue I see is if
someone wants to rebuild from a Neon.3 branch after the release of
Oxygen (since that milestone build could be gone at that point). They
would need to modify their target platform to use the Neon.3.

Basically, what I see gained from releasing this is the ability to do
rebuilds/further development independent of release train for projects
against Neon.3 even after Oxygen is released.

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top