Re: [orbit-dev] Drop R20170303204511 the R-build for Neon.3?

On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 11:19 +0100, Andreas Sewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't seen a "Declaring Build" message, but I assume drop
> R20170303204511 [1] is the Orbit R-build for Neon.3 Roland announced
> two
> weeks ago. Is this correct?

No, this is a subset of the packages contained in the Neon.0 R-build
(R20160520211859). Basically, over time we should reduce the packages
contained there. However, it's not made public on the downloads page
because it is merely a portion of all packages (the S-build composite
points to it).

I'll push an R-build for Neon.3. I'm in favour of doing it at least so
that consumers have something to use for rebuilds of their "Neon.3"
branches once the milestone (S-builds) need not be retained. At least
until the release of Oxygen though, it should be fine to reference
those S-builds. I was concerned about releasing such a repo so late in
the cycle and I guess doing so now probably could be more risk but at
least people won't switch unless they absolutely need the new content.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top