Re: [orbit-dev] Declaring Build: S20161205183421

> Why should they be separate?
>
> The original (Apache) project ships them in one download, and the fluent
> packages are contained in their OSGi bundle.
> (I am basing this now by looking at their 4.5.2 client [1], but I am
> pretty sure earlier packages were that way too. So I believe it has all
> be reviewed already by IP).
>

> [1] https://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Yes, I see that the sources/binaries are shipped together on that page.
However, on maven central everything is split up. There's httpclient-cache,
httpclient-fluent, etc. These 2 approaches are at odds but I'd argue more
people are probably consuming through maven so diverging from that packaging
might be confusing.

As CQs, they were also filed separately (CQ 11712, 11713) likely because
they were based off of the maven built artifacts. Since they're already
approved it shouldn't be too much work to get them into orbit-recipes.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top