[orbit-dev] Declaring Build: S201607281920

Hello all,

As you may have heard, Orbit will be releasing a new repository for Oxygen
M1. This will be a composite repository referencing two p2 repositories :

- The last good build from CVS (R20160520211859, Neon) [1]
- The latest build from orbit-recipes (S201607281920) [2]

If you consume content only from the old CVS site, then you should continue
to be able to use this new composite without issue. What this offers is a
way to consume bundles built using the orbit-recipes git repository [3]

As you will probably notice, the current repository doesn't contain a nice
HTML page listing all content, iplog info, or relevant statistics for the
build. This is something that I'll be working on along with Gunnar to
implement as we move towards the Oxygen release. Since the old content is
simply from R20160520211859, one can consult that repository's downloads
page to get that information. The iplog information for the new content can
be found in the orbit-recipes git repository, relative to the bundle's
module, under 'src/eclipse/ip_log.xml'. All the new bundles are built and
deployed from the orbit-recipes HIPP instance [4].

I'm aware that we're close to the Oxygen M1 start date (since Orbit should
release a week before that) but I'd really like to get this out with our
intention being to continue working on this.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20160520211859/