Re: [orbit-dev] Have S-builds downloads been restructured recently?

On Friday, 29 July 2016, Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have the orbit S-builds downloads been restructured recently. We have a
> lot of failing nightly builds because [1] cannot be found. There was a
> p2 repository there the day before, but now it's gone, with its parent
> URL [2] being a (composite) repository rather than the well-known Orbit
> download page:
>
> > Download Page:
> > http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20160518051658
> >
> > Repository:
> > http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20160518051658/repository/

Hi all,

Yesterday I pushed an S build from the orbit-recipes HIPP into the downloads
area to confirm the downloads page would detect it correctly. The build is
S201607281920 and the repository is a composite pointing to the previous Neon R-build
(R20160520211859) and the corresponding orbit-recipes build.

This is something Gunnar, David and I have been working on as a future method of
enabling orbit-recipes while still providing the "old" content that was
generated from the CVS repo. My intention is to provide this as an M1 build for
Oxygen and continue working on the various list of things outline at
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Transition_to_Git_Plan (particularly providing iplog
info in the exact same format for both repos)

I don't remember seeing an S build (eg. S20160518051658) in the downloads area prior
to adding that other S-build., and it wasn't showing up in the downloads
area (no S-builds existed on that page).

Is there any concern about pushing S201607281920 for Oxygen M1 ? I think we should
start making these composite builds available as early as we can so projects have ample
time to transition to them, particularly in cases where they'll be consuming content
originating from orbit-recipes.

+1 for providing composite to facilitate using dependencies from orbit-recipes

-Matthias

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg