Re: [orbit-dev] Declaring Build: I20160421150943 - candidate for M7 - with 135 old versions removed

This is our candidate to promote to Orbit's M7 and deserves a special look because it is the one that has about 135 "old versions" removed.

I wanted to send a note emphasizing the things removed since I suspect I have made some mistakes and removed too much, so will depend on consumers to say if they need something restored to active builds.

There was one case where not even one version was left in the active build, and that was the old mortbay.jetty servers (it was requiring lots of other "old" versions of bundles, and it is so old I really doubt if anyone needs it in active builds. Obviously, if someone still needs it, it is still in an old R-build repository).

For a list of what was removed, see Bug 489949 attachment 261159.

For a list of what is still "in" the repository, see the usual table on the download page: I20160421150943.

Ideally, give it a try and make sure you can still "build" with it!

= = = = = = = =

This note and "repository report" only includes bundles in the "old Orbit classic build" -- not the new style Orbit build. As far as I know, we will be able to offer a composite for those that need Orbit bundles from both, old style, and new style (Bug 478337) but probably not ready for several days.

So far, there is only one fix or change (compared to M6) that is provided in "Orbit classic" repository:

Fixed 'name' of org.yaml.snakeyaml (Bug 469006)

< org.yaml.snakeyaml [1.14.0.v201505061500]
> org.yaml.snakeyaml [1.14.0.v201604211500]

If you are like me, you are wondering "what is the difference in size from deleting all those old versions"?
514 M prior to deletions, 362 M after deletions. (Not as large as I would have thought).

Thanks,