Re: [orbit-dev] debugging JSch-related issues

Any source you "attach", in general, is going to be read only (AFAIK) [I think in debugger, you can still, sometimes, change the value of a variable, or similar, but nothing complicated.]

To "make changes" to source it has to be in the workspace in a compilable state. To do that, for most projects, you can select "Import" (say from Package Explorer context menu) then pick "Plugin and Fragments", then on the next dialog, be sure that in the "Import As" section the selection is "Projects with source".

And from there get's more complicated, depending on what you import. :)

From:        pc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:        orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        04/04/2016 12:24 PM
Subject:        [orbit-dev] debugging JSch-related issues
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a bit of a newbie, to JSch, to Orbit, to Eclipse, so apologies if I'm asking a simple question.

I'd like to be able to debug Eclipse's use of JSch, by making changes to JSch code, and "Debug As -> Eclipse Application", but I haven't found information that has gotten me there yet.  I can import JSch, and eventually link the source code, but it's read-only.

Is there a set of steps to set up Eclipse to debug JSch as above?

Regards,
Paul Clarke, IBM