Re: [orbit-dev] Propose to formally change Orbit's policy on Bundle Retention in active builds

> The fundamental change is that we currently say we will retain "3 versions"
> of a bundle in active builds. I'd like to change that to be "only 1 version,
> the most recent version, assuming older versions are in R-build repositories
> (with some exceptions)".
>
> Sound OK?

This sounds good to me and is a good step towards cleaning things up. The
possibility to have exceptions also seems fair. It would be nice if there was
a way to know which bundles are definitely not used by any other project.
Assuming most released update sites are under the 'downloads' folder couldn't
a scan of all p2 repositories reveal which orbit bundles don't satisfy a
requirement of any other bundle ? Could piggyback-CQs be changed to have some
flag that indicates whether the project is still making use of the resource ?

> So, please reply with +1 if you agree with these changes, especially the
> changing to "just 1, with some exceptions". Or, comment or suggest other
> wording if you think something else would be needed. In all cases, we want
> to "do the right thing" for other Eclipse projects, but I know for a fact we
> have a lot of "extra versions" of things that are very old, and no longer
> used by anyone in current development. I'll follow the usual conventions of
> requiring at least 2 +1s, and no objections within one week to consider the
> matter "approved".

+1 from me.

Cheers,
--