[orbit-dev] EBR / Recipes Update

FYI,

I've started to try something different for how the p2 repository is generated. Instead of using a feature and aggregating every recipe into a giant p2 repository, I wanted to explore the possibility of creating individual, small p2 repository just containing a single recipe bundle (and its source bundle).

It seems that all this is possible in a single reactor with EBR and Tycho. After the bundle was generated by bnd I called into some Tycho code to contribute the bundle to dependency resolution and the target platform. As a result, I able to extend a mojo in the tycho-p2-repository-plugin to create a p2 repository.

If you want to try this, you can consume the Maven plugin from a branch:
https://github.com/eclipse/ebr/tree/dev/tycho_extras_plugin/releng/maven-plugins/ebr-tycho-extras-plugin

- build it locally and install into the local repository
- update Tycho version used in your recipes to Tycho 0.25.0-SNAPSHOT

For the Orbit build this opens a create opportunity to just build modified recipes - and not having to build all the recipes all the time.

The code is still in a branch because it needs some review and cleanup. It's really just a prototype.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/