Re: [orbit-dev] Remove of ".orbit" suffix from recipes

> > It can be revisited, but I can't imagine that changing the bundle id would
> > ever be the right answer.
>
> I'd like to think of it from a branding perspectives. It's hard to
> compare, but why do airlines paint their planes differently? You
> could identify an airline based on the plane identifier, its
> interior or the pilots flying it. Yet, they paint it. Maybe it's
> because it is one of the easiest ways to associate a plane with a
> particular airline. :)

Except when they are flying. :) Then they do rely on various "radio identification".

As before, my concern is breaking existing clients of orbit bundles. If you get all of them to say "sure, we don't care". Then I might begin to consider it.

Back to the top