Re: [orbit-dev] Remove of ".orbit" suffix from recipes

jar files like Orbit bundles from eclipse.org should be signed with the Eclipse Foundation certificate. This could be another possible way of detecting whether a bundle is from Orbit or from an external site.

Regards,
Markus

On 8 February 2016 at 16:08, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 08.02.2016 um 15:33 schrieb Brian de Alwis <briandealwis@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> A client hit a situation where we had a conflicting bundle between two bundles.  Turned out the older bundle came from Orbit, but the project started including putting in OSGi metadata.  It was hard to trace.

At this time, Bundle-Vendor (thanks Andreas) is your only option. Having that that, please file a feature request with Eclipse Buzilla. The decision to drop ".orbit" was done for the transition vom CVS to Git only. It should be possible to revisit after the transition.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/