Re: [orbit-dev] Adding an existing JAR to Orbit

> > If following step #1, creating the standard CVS structure (i.e empty HEAD,
> > directing to branches) is easy to do so. Nevertheless, how do you explode
> > the JAR correctly here?

The Orbit build process will re-generate the jar while also signing it. The
Eclipse IDE has a command to "explode" the contents of the jar into an
existing project. You could also simply do this from the commandline, but the
Eclipse UI provides some nice additions, analyzing for dependencies and
additional changes to the final manifest.

> > So what is you recommended method of adding an existing JAR to Orbit?

I think the majority of additions to Orbit contribute the contents of the
jar itself to their respective orbit repository module.

If you truly wish to add your jar as-is, you could take a look at the
instructions at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Adding_Bundles_to_Orbit#Adding_a_library_that_is_already_a_bundle
but the other process still generates a jar, and usually this approach
is only used when any tampering with the jar causes issues (ie. existing
signature).

I think there also might be a few examples of such projects if you search
for the 'prebuilt' keyword in the orbit maps file.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top