[orbit-dev] Adding an existing JAR to Orbit

Hi all,

I am in the process of uploading a number of 3rd party libs to Orbit (IP completed), however I would like your views on the following matter.

In the FAQ here (adding bundles to orbit), it states that for an existing JAR, we start (step #1) by creating a new project and
then branching accordingly. However, step #2 somehow overshades the step #1 since it states to create a new plug-in project from
an existing JAR.

If following step #1, creating the standard CVS structure (i.e empty HEAD, directing to branches) is easy to do so. Nevertheless, how do you explode the JAR correctly here?
If following step #2, then the plug-in project will be correctly created (directory structure, manifest generation, build paths, etc), however the first CVS commit (which inevitably is the HEAD) will contain the exploded contents of the JAR.

So what is you recommended method of adding an existing JAR to Orbit?

Hope I did not confuse you :)

Best,
Nicholas

Nicholas Loulloudes | Eclipse Cloud Application Management Framework
Laboratory for Internet Computing,
Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus.

Email: loulloudes.n [at] cs.ucy.ac.cy
Web: www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~nickl
Twitter: @loulloudes