[orbit-dev] Sanity check on removing Class-Path entries

Team,

We've had a bug report that some of our MANIFEST.MF files contain "Class-Path" entries (these are the "pure Java" type of Class-Paths, not OSGi related).
And, as would be expected, they are inaccurate, since they don't refer to bundles or anything, and hence cause some people problems if they have certain build systems with setting which essentially say to "fail" if a referenced path does not exist.

See
 Bug 432032 - Third party plug-ins reference missing chained jars

As far as I know, we can (and should) just remove the "Class-Path" entries, but thought I'd ask list if anyone knows of any "side effects" or use cases, that I am not aware of that might depend on these?

If I don't hear anything, I plan to at least change one ones mentioned in the bug report ... and then might change some others if they are "most recent" versions.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.