[orbit-dev] Fw: Promote new Orbit I-Build?

Yes, I normally don't like to promote new I builds after providing an S build ... since in the past, that leads to confusion over which to use ... "most recent' or "most recent S-build".

Manageable? Feel free to state what you'd like or need. It is very unlikely that I build on build machine will be removed in the next 3 or 4 days ... but ... agree ... you'd have to be ready to "switch quickly" shortly after M6 is produced, when I will promote I-builds again.

Thanks,

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 03/10/2014 04:26 AM -----

From:        Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,
Date:        03/10/2014 04:25 AM
Subject:        Re: Promote new Orbit I-Build?

Am 10.03.2014 um 09:16 schrieb David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20140227085123/
is for M6 ... we always promote it a week before +0. (and +0 was last Friday, so -1 the Friday before that ... as usual.

Ok, sorry for the the confusion.

Is your need for it from a "leaf" component? If so, I'd suggest just you getting it from the I-build ... but if its something that effects many in the milestone, I'd prefer to wait, for sake of stability.

I just have a newer version of javax.servlet in there. I don’t mind consuming it directly from an I build. But it’s still on the build machine and not on http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht

gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx