[orbit-dev] Contributing Eclipse OSGi bundles wrapping standard jars from Maven

Hi Orbit --

We're working on our own artifact repository here at NASA, and at provisioning a p2 update site locally so our developers can set up their target platform and find the dependencies they need.  P2 as you know requires jars to be packaged with the meta-inf for OSGi.

We are using p2-maven-plugin https://github.com/reficio/p2-maven-plugin  to automagically wrap jars that are released on the central Maven repository and bundle them up into OSGi plugins, and then we are (right now) hosting them internally on a web server.

Would it make sense to contribute them to Orbit?  These are already publicly available jars distributed on Maven Central Repository, and it seems that it is very easy to bundle them up for OSGi consumption.

What is the process to contribute to Orbit?  Is there already a Maven build process to publish to Orbit?

thanks

Tamar Cohen
Intelligent Robotics Group
NASA Ames Research Center