[orbit-dev] Problems with dependencies when using Orbit p2 repository as part of a target platform (stream, mail

Hi Orbit --

I'm in the process of overhauling NASA's Eclipse plugin infrastructure and part of that will be using Orbit.  I am working to define target platforms as well as Maven poms that will refer to Orbit.

I have found some issues with dependencies; if I select all Orbit plugins and leave the "include required software" checked when I am defining a target platform, there are a number of issues that cannot be resolved.

In particular, the ones that have bitten me include:
xstream (com.thoughtworks.xstream) - missing requirement - requires package javax.security.auth 0.0.0  (I see something called javax.security.auth.message in orbit, but not javax.security.auth)

javax.mail from Glassfish - this requires javax.activation, and when I include that it says it requires org.eclispe.osgi 0.0.0 but it could not be found.  Obviously I'm running Eclipse and I have my full Eclipse install as part of the target platform so I don't see why it should not find that plugin, unless it's trying to do an exact match on 0.0.0.

If I uncheck include required software, then it will get the content.

I can crosspost this question in whatever group (PDE?) would be responsible for the target platform support, but it seems that we should also resolve any dependency issues on Orbit as well.

thanks much

Tamar Cohen
Intelligent Robotics Group
NASA Ames Research Center