From:        Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        06/11/2013 02:02 PM
Subject:        [orbit-dev] Orbit's stance on uses directives
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

since I (and my Import-Packages) just got bitten by the fact that the
com.google.gson bundles in Orbit don't employ uses directives, despite
c.g.g.reflect.TypeToken.getType():c.g.g.Type being in the bundle's
public API (my bundle's Import-Packages bound to TypeToken and Type from
different bundles), I wonder what Orbit's stance on uses directives is?

>From what I can see, many bundles in Orbit don't use them and I couldn't
find anything in the Export-Package guidelines [1], either.

So, are missing uses directives considered bugs? Or should I simply
switch to Require-Bundle and shut up? ;-)

Best regards,

Andreas

[1]
<