Re: [orbit-dev] javax.transaction

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am starting to slog through the mess of CQ's we have for Jetty 9.1 to support the servlet 3.1 api, etc and I ran across a situation I wanted to bring up.

It seems that Oracle is working to make more of these sorts of dependencies osgi bundles so since I don't actually use osgi for...anything... what do you guys want to do here?  Should the default behavior be to tweak it to fall in line with eclipse practices for previous bundles?  Is osgi tolerant of these sorts of versioning things and it will just work?

I'll cut and paste the two different ones here:

existing in orbit for 1.1.1:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Bundle-Description: Provides open-source implementations of Sun specifications.

Bundle-Vendor: %Bundle-Vendor.0

Bundle-Localization: plugin

Fragment-Host: system.bundle

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5

Bundle-Name: %Bundle-Name.0

Bundle-SymbolicName: javax.transaction

Bundle-Version: 1.1.1.qualifier

a released version should not use .qualifier

Implementation-Version: 1.1.1

Export-Package: javax.transaction.xa;version="1.1",javax.transaction;version="1.1"

Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

------

And Oracles attempt for 1.2:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Export-Package: javax.transaction;uses:="javax.enterprise.context,java
 x.enterprise.util,javax.transaction.xa,javax.interceptor";version="1.
 2.0.b03",javax.transaction.xa;version="1.2.0.b03"
Implementation-Version: 1.2-b03
Built-By: romano
Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Tool: Bnd-0.0.255
Bundle-Name: javax.transaction API
Created-By: 1.7.0_09 (Oracle Corporation)
Require-Bundle: system.bundle
Implementation-Vendor: GlassFish Community
Bundle-Vendor: GlassFish Community
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.glassfish
Bundle-Version: 1.2.0.b03

I think this is a legal OSGi conform version number, see e.g. [1]

Build-Jdk: 1.7.0_09
Bnd-LastModified: 1361865984022
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
 tml
Bundle-Description: Java(TM) JTA 1.2 API Design Specification
Specification-Version: 1.2
Import-Package: javax.enterprise.context,javax.enterprise.util,javax.i
 nterceptor,javax.transaction;version="1.2.0.b03",javax.transaction.xa
 ;version="1.2.0.b03"
Bundle-SymbolicName: javax.transaction-api
Extension-Name: javax.transaction
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver

So, should I keep most of the superficial entries in there?  I think the b03 versioning and what not is a mess that I'll need to standardize to more traditional eclipse versioning, but since I don't deal with this stuff normally I thought I would ask for advice.

see [2] and [3] for OSGi manifest headers, Eclipse defines some more [4], I think the original spec for
manifests is [5] and Maven usually also adds a couple of additional headers [6].

--
Matthias

Back to the top