Re: [orbit-dev] Adding new libraries to orbit

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Robert Gründler <r.gruendler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm maintaining a couple of eclipse plugins [1] which use the following libraries:

Is there a chance that these libraries make it into orbit? I'm currently manually creating osgi bundles
for them to ship them with my plugins, but having them in orbit would make things
a whole lot easier.

Orbit's mission is to
"provide a repository of bundled versions of third party libraries that are approved for use in one or more Eclipse projects".

This means prerequisites for adding a 3rd party library to Orbit are:
- an Eclipse project running under the umbrella of the Eclipse foundation needs some 3rd party libraries
- has created CQs [1] for these libraries
- and these CQs have been approved by the Eclipse IP team

It looks like your projects aren't run at the Eclipse foundation. Hence your best choice is
probably to ask the snakeyaml and json-simple projects to provide the osgi bundles
you are looking for. You could also consider to contribute the missing bits to these projects.

Alternatively you may consider to make your projects Eclipse projects [2].

--
Matthias

Back to the top