Re: [orbit-dev] So close..

Success! You were right, I had forgotten to add the ip log. Phew, finally Apache Poi is in Orbit!

Thanks,
Edwin

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Congratulations!

I think the "build failed, see test log" message is a bit generic, and likely could be improved, because looking at the DL Page it appears the problem is with the "ip log xml file" ... such as doesn't exist? Misnamed? Wrong data in the file?

Test Results
Checks FailedIP Log XML File Checks: Errors Found:
Error in IP_log file: ip_logs/org.apache.poi.xml No data file found

But, I did not see any "bundle layout errors" so suspect that ip log xml file is the last thing that needs fixing.

Thanks much!

From:        Edwin Park <esp1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        orbit-dev <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        01/20/2013 05:42 PM
Subject:        [orbit-dev] So close..
Sent by:        orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

So the build still fails, but it actually looks like it's mostly working now. The last issue has to do with the TestLayout test failing, which I'm hoping someone else can shed some light on.

I couldn't understand how other bundles were building when they appeared to have cyclic dependencies or imported things with cyclic dependencies, but Poi would not. So I compared the poi project with some of the others, and I discovered that the build.properties files were slightly different: poi was specifying src.includes whereas the other projects were not. I changed the poi build.properties and reran the build, and now instead of failing after 30 mins with a cyclic dependency error, the build runs for its normal(!) duration of 1.5 hours, but then fails with this:

Test org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tests.TestLayout FAILED

It then advises to check the test log, but I can't find one anywhere.

I feel like I'm close, but I'm stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions about what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Edwin