Re: [orbit-dev] Updating to Guice 3.0.0.no_aop

On 06.03.2012, at 20:59, David M Williams wrote:

>> Is there a need to get back to IP team? If so, I guess Xtext would
>> be fine with AOP variant too since 2.0 was using AOP alliance.
>> Check: Yes/No?
>
> I doubt the IP Team would feel a need to "revisit" clearance, but would be
> good to add a comment to the Orbit CQ that "the binary version put into
> Orbit was then no_aop version provided from Google (no difference in
> source, just specifying the exact binary version chosen for Orbit) ... I
> think future "piggy back" users who might want to know ... then IP team
> could ask if they wanted to know more (sorry, don't mean to add to your
> work load ... honest).

ATO contains that record now.

> New topic, for what its worth, I've been trying to read spec or find
> example for the "require bundle" case ... and found, in spec,
> <quote>
> The Bundle-SymbolicName header can specify further arbitrary attributes
> that must be matched
> before a bundle is eligible.
> </quote>
>
> So, maybe the exact same principle can be applied to the bundle's symbolic
> name and any corresponding "require-bundle" users ... but, I've not found
> any examples of that, so it would (also) take some testing.

Interesting. Never heard of this before. I wonder how to specify the two bundles in the same repository then...
Anyways, I can imagine to spent some time on this after M6 (I hope this won't get lost). If someone actually needs that particular no-aop or aop version I'll have a closer look (after M6) how to solve that.

Thanks,
Marcel