Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit end game schedule

Thanks a lot,

I think it will be enough to have it in Orbit CVS if the CQs (for usage and for contribution to Orbit) do not get approved before the deadline.

Lazar

From: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M Williams
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:23 AM
To: Orbit Developer discussion
Subject: Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit end game schedule

You have correctly sensed that part of our "ramp down" goal is specifically to cater to the Indigo release ... we must remain stable for their sake.

For your specific cases, it might depend a bit on what they were, exactly, exact timing, etc., so feel free to bring up the specifics if you'd like, if the CQ's get approved relatively soon.

Another option, of course, that is open to all, is to simply put things into Orbit's CVS repo, and then your project's committers, and bleeding edge users, could at least use it "in your workspace" for a few weeks, even though not in a build, since it is our builds we need to have extra stable. Naturally, that would not help in all cases, but thought I'd mention it in case it helps you from doing "extra work". Putting it in your own cvs location sounds fine too ... since your project does have the CQ to use it in your project. The Orbit CQ would be separate, specific to putting into Orbit. Now that I think about it, guess you could put in Orbit's CVS and pull it from there into your own builds, if that's any help.

The key for the yearly release is to have as few changes as possible so there's no surprises, no need for others to re-test certain paths, etc.

Thanks for your care, thanks for letting us know,

Inactive hide details for "Kirchev, Lazar" ---05/04/2011 02:06:29 AM---Hi, Regarding the deadlines for contributing to Orbit, t"Kirchev, Lazar" ---05/04/2011 02:06:29 AM---Hi, Regarding the deadlines for contributing to Orbit, they are valid for contributions needed by pr