[orbit-dev] Orbit end game schedule

Now that the end of Indigo is rapidly approaching, we shouldn't have too many more Orbit contributions ... that is, we should provide a stable set of bundles for Indigo participants without much variability. I know there are some remaining issues/bundles to get in ... but, time to ramp down is here.

I propose the following schedule/plan for the remainder of Indigo. In short, if there is a new I build I will rename and promote it to an S-build on Saturdays ... with the intent that'd be "one week earlier" than the Platform's contribution. Since, during the last few weeks, there is only one week between RCs, this has potential to cause confusion ... such as someone may pick up an S build for RC2 before the Platform picks it up for RC3 ... but I'm guessing in general, it shouldn't matter, since there will be few changes. If anyone fixes and issue where it will matter (i.e. to avoid some breakage, everyone must pick some common bundle even for an RC, then be sure to call it out specifically to this list, and we may adjust the "release" of the S build, or make sure everyone is well notified on cross project list.

In table form, that means the dates and intended RC's are as below. I've given little descriptions of the types of fixes that I think are appropriate for each RC. I do not think we need any sort of formal review for fixes during these last few weeks, but if anyone has any doubts/questions or sees something that seems "off", please bring it up on this list for discussion. For example, we might want to back out a change that was risky or trivial, rather than promote it to an S build.

Saturday    Intended RC             Appropriate changes

5/07             1                Any Important Fix or Addition
5/14             2                Major Fixes that are required by an Indigo project
5/21             3                Only Critical or Blocking defects
5/28             4                Fixes only if the problem causes the users machine to catch fire :)

Hopefully, 5/21 (for RC3) will be our last contribution ... and ideally we would not even need that one.

As always, let us know here to this list, if this proposal doesn't match up with what you need or expect.