Re: [orbit-dev] How to avoid "Bundle ch.qos.logback.slf4j_0.9.24.v20100831-0715 failed to resolve.:" ?

Am 25.02.2011 07:45, schrieb David M Williams:
> "It's looks like a conflict with the newer version. There is only one
> fragment allowed at runtime. It looks like they can't be build together.
> Any ideas?"

The reason is the following bundle header in the fragment host.

Eclipse-GenericRequire: org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder;
 selection-filter=(&(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=1.7.0)))

This is a limitation from SLF4J. It only allows one implementation at
runtime. Because implementations are shipped as fragments, only one
fragment instance is allowed at runtime.

There is also an addition p2.inf to ensure that p2 does the right thing
when installing.

> To give a little more info, below is the full log at the point of
> failure  ... in case any PDE Build experts can weigh in.

Technically it should be possible to "build" both at build time.
However, I can imagine that this would require two build stages. But I
also share David's opinion on doing all in one.

> And, let me ask the radical  ... if this is a conflict of "old" and
>  "new", do we (or, clients) really need both? Could we go with just the
> new?

That is the easiest solution. However, our retention policy expects us
keeping the last three. If we think an exception would be ok I could ask
on cross-project if anybody is using it currently and if there are any
objections.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht