Re: [orbit-dev] Is there any guidelines on which javax.mail provided by orbit.

Sorry for the delay in responding, Andrea.

I can give a few pointers, but may take some "back and forth" to get to the bottom of things.

 >  Is there any guidelines on which javax.mail provided by orbit.

Not that I'm aware of ... but if you learn anything we'd welcome some thing added to our wiki, as this topic comes up from time to time.

There's an old thread on this mailing list that talks about some of the complications.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/orbit-dev/msg00781.html

Also, many of the bugs in Orbit can be enlightening (e.g. those below). The post and bugs
mostly explain why things are the way they are, but I think might give a few hints on getting things to work.

So, let's start there, and perhaps you can ask ... either re-ask after you've read these pointers, or ask a new question if the
posts lead you a little further. I'm not familiar with the issues you mentioned, but I know that some projects have used
the bundles successfully to send mail (Mylyn and b3 aggregator, I believe).

Again, sorry for the slow reply. In general, I'll mention for all readers ... feel free to re-post if a week or so expires
and no one even replies ... I think just missed during a busy time in this case.

Thanks,

299313 2010-01-12 nor RESO javax.activation - require system.bundle to ensure use of JRE packages in OSGi
279519 2009-07-02 cri RESO javax.activation should require system.bundle
273060 2009-06-08 nor RESO javax.mail 1_4_0 does not include versions in package exports
271465 2009-05-12 nor NEW Linkage Error with javax.mail / javax.activation
273056 2009-05-04 nor RESO javax.activation 1_1_0 does not include versions in package numbers
226068 2008-04-13 nor RESO add geronimo versions of javax.mail and javax.activation
219687 2008-02-22 maj RESO javax.mail references javax.activation
184658 2007-04-30 nor RESO add javax.mail 1.4
184657 2007-04-30 nor RESO add javax.activation 1.1