Re: [orbit-dev] RC3 Orbit build promoted

For RC3: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20100519200754/

Not to be confused with previous RC2 one, if anyone is still building RC2.

From: David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To: Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/21/2010 03:53 PM
Subject: [orbit-dev] Small delay in promoting Orbit build for RC3 ... next        Tuesday?
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Team,

The Orbit build for RC2 is already on the 'downloads' page (has been all week):

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20100514103823/
and is currently being used by Platform for their RC2 +0 build due later today and presumably

by others in their RC2 contributions next week.

Earlier I said I'd promote Orbit's RC3 build today for the Platform's RC3 +0 build next week.

But, since many other teams will be finishing up their RC2 contributions on Monday and Tuesday next week,
I think it will be confusing to promote a more recent build (and expect some people to pick up a slightly
older one),

Therefore, I'd like to wait as long as possible to promote the RC3 Orbit build. Say next Tuesday?

Hopefully that will help all the confusion that occurs during this period of one-week cycles.

Let us know if issues or concerns with this timing.