A : Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
De : David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé par : orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date : 11/05/2010 18:15
Objet : [orbit-dev] Reminder of final few weeks for Oribt ...

We've never published a "ramp down policy" for Orbit, but I was thinking maybe we should, since there are so many Orbit committers and over time, our knowledge base gets more diverse, if not diluted.

Hence, I've codified a few thoughts at

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Rampdown_Policy

No new processes, per se, ... just reminders of what our goals are.

And ... one good reminder is our deadlines! This is basically "end of day" each Friday, so be sure to say if you need some small adjustments.

05/07 (one week before RC1 +0) [done]
05/14 (one week before RC2 +0)

05/21 (one week before RC3 +0)

05/28 (one week before RC4 +0)

06/04 (one week before Final +0)

Remember as each week passes, the criteria for making a change should get tighter.

I'm aware of a few possible reasons we might need a new build before our final one .... but please keep us informed here on this list if you are planning changes or fixes.