[orbit-dev] Build Links

Greetings Orbit Committers,

I'm consuming bundles from Orbit in my builds using the p2 fetch
factory. I do this with the following entries in my map files.

Example:
plugin@org.apache.commons.codec,1.3.0=p2IU,id=org.apache.commons.codec,version=1.3.0.v20080530-1600,repository=http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20091026190351/updateSite
plugin@org.apache.commons.codec.source,1.3.0=p2IU,id=org.apache.commons.codec.source,version=1.3.0.v20080530-1600,repository=http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20091026190351/updateSite

However, this creates a hard reference to a static Orbit build. There
are pros and cons about this. Personally I think that the version tag
for the fetch factory (version=...) is sufficient for tracking purposes.
I now wonder if it's possible to create a link in the downloads area
which points to the latest stable build. This could be updated whenever
a new build is published.

Example:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S-latest/updateSite

IMHO this would be another step in reducing the modification work
necessary when updating our map files.  :)

Thoughts?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht