Re: [orbit-dev] axis2 in orbit?

Hi David,

David M Williams wrote:

I know the Axis2 support in WTP was designed specifically not to hard prereq the axis2 implementation. Its a sort of "works with" dependency. If its there (on target server) it will take advantage of it.

So, as far as I know, no one has had a need for it (to submit CQ and distribute it). If you do, you might be first?

I was hoping to not be the first...as I had assumed that others that were using Axis2 would have gone through the CQ process, addition to Orbit, etc. But that's apparently not correct. Was the CQ process not done by WTP for some specific reason (e.g. known IP issues for Axis2 or deps?). Axis2 is a fairly large codebase...with a number of dependencies (all of which would have to be IP reviewed), so I don't have sufficient resources to go through the CQ process 'alone'. Further, I don't currently have sufficient resources to commit to doing the work to add to Orbit and maintain in Orbit.

A question: Are there bundle versions of Axis2 available from somewhere? (e.g. Apache)? How does WTP get the Axis2 libs (and deps) into bundle form for (optional) usage in WTP)?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top