Re: [orbit-dev] Source Code for com.ibm.icu ??

> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to get source code for a specific version of the
> com.ibm.icu plugin.  In particular, the following version:
>

> com.ibm.icu (3.8.1v20080103)
>

> Is there someplace where I can download the source jar for this
> version?  I tried using sticky tags on dev.eclipse org, and the
> original source code doesn't seem to be in the places where I would
> expect it.  Any ideas?

The version was a development version and not shipped in Eclipse 3.4
release.  Eclipse 3.4 contains 3.8.1v20080530, which can be downloaded
from here -
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20080611105805/

However, 3.8.1v20080530 only updated timezone data resource from
3.8.1v20080103 (and version strings in some meta-inf files), so you
probably should be fine with 3.8.1v20080530 src jar.

If you really need the exact version, you can get the source files from
the ICU SVN repository.  The source files used for building 3.8.1v20080103
is tagged in ICU project SVN repository here ->
http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu4j/tags/release-3-8-1-eclipse34-20080103/
 (ICU4J source code contains some conditional compilation flags like C
preprocessor - these source files are processed by a tool.  So what you
see the repository might be slightly different from the one in ICU4J
eclipse source plugin jar)

-Yoshito Umaoka (ICU project)

Back to the top