Re: [orbit-dev] (Newbie) Adding to the orbit build

Hi DJ,

  Thanks for the response.  One question inline:

DJ Houghton wrote:
Hey Tom, off the top of my head those sound like the right steps to take. I usually initially forget to tag the feature and update the feature entry in the map file so you are already one up on me. :-)

One thing I would do it double-check your JAR that you are committing to ensure that you have an about.html file and its structure is what you expect.

So far I have not committed a jar. Have I missed something? I have an Eclipse project and a set of files in the Orbit CVS repository (including an about.html file), but no jar. Is there a step I have missed that involves building a jar? My assumption was that the Orbit build would produce a jar.

Thanks,
Tom

If you don't feel like waiting for the builder to automatically discover your changes you should be able to kick off a new build from the dashboard. http://build.eclipse.org:9777/dashboard/tab/builds

dj