[orbit-dev] (Newbie) Adding to the orbit build

Hi All,

  I have started the work to get my first bundle into Orbit.

I started with http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_Bundles_to_Orbit and believe I have the correct pieces in the CVS repository. Now I want to figure out how to get my bundle into the build.

  I was able to find the following two pages:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Builds#Orbit_Builds_for_Orbit_Committers
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_Bundles_To_Orbit_In_5_Minutes

After looking at those pages, I am following the steps from the Adding_Bundles_To_Orbit_In_5_Minutes page. The steps I am following are below, but they are just a slightly edited version of what is on the web page. Since a number of the steps below involve comitting changes, I am wondering if there is an easy way to test my changes before committing. Do I need to check-out all of orbit to do that?

Steps I plan on taking are here:

1. Get org.eclipse.orbit.releng and org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set1 from CVS

2. Add a plugin entry to org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set1/feature.xml following the conventions used by the existing plugins

   <plugin
         id="javax.persistence"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="1.0.0.qualifier"
         unpack="false"/>

3. Commit my changes and tag feature.xml with appropriate versioning info (vYYYYMMDDHHMM) Lets use v200905010100 as an example

4. Tag my javax.persistence 1_0_0 branch version with the same version as in #3 above (v200905010100)

5. Add a reference to org.eclipse.orbit.releng/psf/orbit.psf

<project reference="1.0,:extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/tools,org.eclipse.orbit/javax.persistence,javax.persistence_v1.0.0,v1_0_0"/>

6. Add to org.eclipse.orbit.releng/maps/bundles.map

plugin@javax.persistence=v200905010100,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/tools,,org.eclipse.orbit/javax.persistence

7. Change feature in bundles.map to have my new version number

feature@org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set1=v200905010100,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/tools,,org.eclipse.orbit/org.eclipse.orbit.build.feature.set1

8 Commit

9 Wait for the automated build to run

Thanks in advance for any information or hints.
-Tom

Back to the top