Re: [orbit-dev] New Committer Question: Process

> Is there anything I need to do from a non-technical point of view.

I'm not sure we document this, and are probably not perfectly consistent,
but it is normal and good to open a bug in Orbit just to reflect the fact
that you are adding a new bundle to Orbit (this is in addition to the CQ).

That'd be the place to document any issues that come up, or document
oddities
you encountered.

> Are there points in the process I should send emails to the dev list?

Only when you have questions or comments. :)

> Is there any peer review process?

Nothing formally required, but you can always ask a peer to check things
over.

= = = = =

You are probably aware that the builds are kicked off automatically, based
on changes
to the map files. These all go to the "committers area". From there, you'd
check that your
bundle is built as you expect it to be, can be used as you expect, etc.

We don't have a firm schedule on promoting these builds, do if you get to
a point you'd like an I-build
promoted to 'downloads area', you can ask it be promoted via this list.

Hopefully others will cover anything I've forgotten.

Back to the top