Re: [orbit-dev] Versions of Export-Package

The reason for the inconsistency is just history and need.

It is best to use import/export, but I've resisted any mass effort to
"fix" all the existing ones.

Here's our last mailing list discussion about this topic ... not so long
ago.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/orbit-dev/msg01189.html

As far as I recall, using the .qualifier on export is controversial but
will let others argue that.
The overly simple summary is, as I recall, some think it's not necessary,
not tooled, and stretches the semantics of the fourth field ... but,
others think it's sometimes handy.

Hope that helps. If not, ask again :)
And feel free to update out guidelines at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_Bundles_to_Orbit
Doesn't appear anyone has.