[orbit-dev] Versions of Export-Package

Hi All,

The libraries in Orbit seem quite inconsistent in terms of whether their Export-Package manifest sections specify a version. Is there any particular reason this is so inconsistent?

My instinct is to believe that given the recommendations that Import-Package should be used instead of Require-Bundle, it would be a good idea if Orbit libraries exported version numbers for packages as well. Can someone point me to the policy about this (if one exists) and the reasoning?

Additionally, if Export-Package specifies a version, should be of the form x.y.z.qualifier like the docs suggest for Bundle-Version?

Thanks in advance,
-Tom

Back to the top