RE: [orbit-dev] David Williams vote summary

Hm...

is there anything that forces us to have the decision made so
quickly?

The call for vote was on Friday 8pm CET. I find it great that
such a large number of Orbit committers have given their +1
vote over the weekend until 10am CET, but putting it into
the records that there was no 0 or -1 vote just over the weekend
seems a bit odd.

In my opinion, it would seem more natural to have a week pass
before declaring the result, unless there are pressing issues.
I'm not at all against David, and I extremely appreciate his
expertise, effort and thoughtfulness. I further assume that
there are good reasons for Jeff to resign, though I have also
much appreciated his "final word" and crisp decision on things.
Has anybody else even been asked whether he'd want to assume
leadership?

Furthermore, in terms of Orbit, I suspect that the activity
counting is not correct. I'm listed as "inactive" which is
understandable in terms of commits, since the libs under my
custody haven't changed; but I have been active on the
mailing list, have immediately voted whenever possible,
updated the Wiki and been active on Bugzilla.

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=tools.orbi

Sorry, but this process doesn't seem as open and transparent
as it should be. Again, if there are pressing needs to expedite
this, I'm OK with David. If not, I'm in favor of doing this
properly.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm