Re: [orbit-dev] Addind/Updating Libaries in Orbit

Christian W. Damus schrieb:
> You should submit first the CQs for contribution to Orbit, then (once
> those are approved) the piggy-back (PB) CQs for re-use of these
> bundles in your project.

Turns our that I can't submit Orbit CQs. Thus, I started submitting CQs
for my project first.

> In the end, I wish I had produced only one Batik bundle (with the W3C
> content separate), but it works, so I'm not planning to refactor it.

Same is true for Lucene. They have split packages and maybe also cyclic
dependencies. At this time, I have the bundles but they don't resolve at
runtime.

However, I hesitate to create a single bundle for all the JARs because
this would make consumability tricky. I'm not an expert on that subject
but if I submit individual CQs for each jar and now combine the jar into
one bundle then all bundle consumers will need fill multiple CQs for
re-use. This complicates things too. It requires to track the CQs per
version and instruct consumers to submit the right CQs.

Thoughts?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht